Tales from the ICU - 8/25
First, a minor correction, yesterday I said dad said he was in "loo-loo land..Disney land for adults" What he actually said was "Disneyland for old people". When Sean (my husband) asked if he knew any old people, dad promptly said "oh, a couple...no three! Me, myself, and I" and then he cracked up! I am telling you all this so that you can put your mind at ease knowing that he is still the same fun loving guy we all know so well. ...also, we should now all be praying for the doctors and nurses while he is there! 😂
I did get to talk to dad again today around 1:00 pm-ish east coast time. He sounded much better now that "the good stuff" has worn off. He was able to get up and sit in the recliner twice once for breakfast and once for lunch, I'm guessing he got up for dinner as well. He said it did not hurt as much as he expected it to, so that's good.
He is still in the ICU but they told Toby that they are just waiting for a bed in gen-pop to open up so they can move him.


He is amazing. Still has his sense of humor shining on.
ReplyDelete