Yardwork / Nap Day 8/29
L to R: Zeke, Ezra, Isaiah, Roland, Jacob
We'll start at the end, mostly because if I start at the beginning you might have a heart attack (dad is definitely on the mend and there is nothing wrong with his mischievous ol' self!)!!
Here are the boys at the end of a VERY long and VERY productive day.
Here is dad at the beginning of that very long and productive day....
Yes, I can hear you all gasping and the thoughts running through your heads right now, and yes, that is EXACTLY what Amy, Toby, and I were "fast and furiously" texting back and forth to Marion this morning....all while Dad stood on that blasted mower giggling like a school girl because he KNEW exactly what response he would get!! (and yes, he got scolded by all the grandsons too!). No he did NOT mow anything, he just got on there to get a rise out of everyone. Started his day off right at least!
Contrary to what it looks like above, he was a good patient all day long. He probably did walk a bit more than his doctor said, but it was spread out over the whole day in bits and pieces (she said 5 minutes of walking between each meal and after dinner for the first week and then work up to adding more, so he didn't really over do it). I think he neglected to tell her he lives on a farm...
In both of these pictures he was getting a walk in and talking strategies with the boys.
Have you heard of intermittent fasting? Well dad's new strategy is intermittent napping!
The way it works is, you go outside, check on the boys to see how they are doing, check the progress and put in your 2-cents worth of advice. Then you go back inside and take a nap. Repeat as necessary for the remainder of the day. I believe dad got in at least 3 naps today, plus he worked on paperwork and returned some phone calls.
The boys did an amazing job on the yard and fixed the front deck. Dad and I had taken the railing off in June so we could back Zeke's truck up to it to make it easier to bring stuff out of the house. We did not get a chance to put the railing back up before I left (which worked out well for the house and carpet cleaners). The boys made the deck a bit more sturdy and put up the metal railing dad wanted on there. I think there may be some more adjustments coming later, but for now it is stable and safe for climbing.
As for the yard dad said they mowed EVERYTHING, front yard, back yard, orchard, and pasture. They raked everything, weeded the flower beds, weed whacked, cleared off the stone wall in the front yard, trimmed around the wood pile (and stacked the wood), and cleared off the side of the barn (you can now get to the lower barn door!). Then they had a pizza party and went on their merry ways home to their significant others (thank you for sharing them with us for the day significant others 😉).
Before dad went in for surgery, Toby installed doorbell cameras on the door off of the addition and the door off of the porch. For context, here are some before and after screenshots I took off of those cameras so you can see just a portion of the yard work that they did today.
Driveway view (from the porch door)
Back door view (from the addition door)
Dad is very pleased, he did a great job not over exerting himself nor did he try to help them (physically at least 😂). He is very happy that they were able to clear the pasture as that will be a great place for him to walk without having to worry about cars.
I'm not sure if this will work, I can't figure out how to make a link you can click on. But if you would like to see the Google photo album of pictures that Marion took today copy this link and paste it into your browser. https://photos.app.goo.gl/diUG4C5DmYBCkTsW7
If that doesn't work, I am going to put a few more pictures here.
Becky













.jpg)

Whew! A lot of prayer and texting went into today! Poor Marion got the brunt of it I think, starting quickly after that mower pic got sent out. Thank you all for the amazing hard work, and thank you Dad for following Doctor's orders!
ReplyDeleteI can hardly recognize the farm. It looks so nice. Many thanks to the hardworking crew who accomplished this for Roland. He must be thrilled.
ReplyDelete